We have a variety of branded routers available in the market for those who are using the Wi-Fi internet connectivity. It is quite arduous to pick the best out of the numerous branded routers. However, there are some routers that have gained massive attention from the people. Among them, NETGEAR is one of the most prevalent routers. Just like the D-Link router, the NETGEAR router makes use of a username and password for accessing the admin console.
Most of the home broadband routers comprise of two IP addresses. One IP address is intended for local communication i.e., within the home network which is referred to as the private IP address. On the other hand, the second IP address is for connecting the networks outside the local network. It is referred to as the public IP address i.e., the internet.
The internet service providers will provide the public address while the private address is administered by the home network admin. If you have purchased a new router and not yet changed the local address then it is referred to as the default IP address. It would be set by the manufacturer of the router itself. In this post, you can learn more about the method to login Netgear wireless router and the way to change the router settings.
How to Login Netgear Wireless Router:
Here are the simple steps to log in to the NETGEAR home-based router from your PC.
- First of all, launch any of your preferred web browsers from your PC or Laptop.
- Open the browser from the device that you have connected to the router’s network.
- You need to type the IP address intended to the router.
- Otherwise, you can simply tap the links i.e., http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com.
- On the next web page, you can view a login window.
- You can then enter the username and password of the router.
- By default, you will get the login credentials from the router manufacturer i.e., you can find it in the router’s manual.
- In general, the default username and password for NETGEAR router is admin and password respectively.
- Be sure that the username and password are case-sensitive.
- By entering the login details, you will land on the basic home screen page.
- This is the simple process to login to the NETGEAR wireless router.
How to Change Security Settings on Netgear Router?
Most of the Netgear routers use the IP address i.e., 192.168.l.l or 192.168.0.1. Using this IP address, username, and password, you can log into the router’s admin interface. Follow the steps provided below to change the Netgear wireless router settings.
- Once you log in to the router’s admin console, you can set the wireless security for your router.
- On the Wireless Settings page, you can check whether WEP is enabled or not.
- You can then generate a Security Encryption Key.
- For that, you need to enter a term under the Passphrase field.
- Just tap ‘Generate’ button. This application will eventually generate 4 encryption keys.
- You can pick any of the generated keys for your encrypted passcode just by tapping the Next button.
- Hit the option ‘Apply’ to save the settings.
- In order to connect the device to a computer or laptop to a network, you need to enter the encryption key chosen during the configuration.
- That’s all! This is the simple method to change the security settings on your Netgear router.
This is the complete guide about Netgear wireless router login process. Hope this tutorial has driven you in the right path to connect your PC or laptop to your home-based wireless network. For more information related to the Wireless connectivity on different router brands, just bookmark our website.