Are you seeking to set up your home network with a new Linksys router login? Then, you need to ensure that you do the router setup precisely in order to secure your personal data. The Linksys router set up could take just a few minutes. The Linksys wireless router setup can be finished in a two-step process. The two steps include the physical setup of the router and configuring the router settings according to your choices.
Before heading towards the physical setup process, you need to ensure that there are adequate Ethernet cables so as to connect the modem to the router. Despite being the wireless router, there must be a slight wired setup process. In this post, we have included the complete method to set up a Linksys Router and log in using the crucial credentials. You can even learn the process to configure a router.
How to Set up & Configure Linksys Router Login?
Here is a detailed step by step guide that assists the users to set up a Linksys router and acquire the necessary login credentials.
1. Physical Router Setup
- First of all, plug your router into the wall socket.
- You need to connect the cable from the modem’s port to the WAN.
- Before you commence the router’s wireless connection, you need to connect to the router via an Ethernet cable.
- Never connect to the wireless network until all the security settings are configured.
2. MAC Address
In general, the cable internet connections make use of a Media Access Control address. In short, it is referred to as a MAC address. It is required to identify the subscriber’s PC and establish a connection.
- If the cable connection needs the PC’s MAC address then, the router has a MAC cloning tool so as to copy the MAC address.
- You need to access your preferred web browser.
- In the address bar of the browser, enter 192.168.1.1 IP address and hit enter.
- You can then enter the password and username in the respective fields whenever prompted.
- The password is admin and the username is admin and hit OK.
- You can then hit the Setup tab and select the MAC Address Clone.
- On the MAC Address Clone tab, you need to pick the Enabled button.
- Next, hit the Clone My PC’s MAC button so as to copy the MAC Address from your PC.
- Once the number is saved, you can hit the option ‘Save Settings.’
- All your settings on your PC will be saved.
3. Change SSID Settings
- SSID settings are necessary to change the Wi-Fi name and set a unique name for your internet connection.
- Just go to the main menu and tap Wireless option.
- You need to choose the Wireless Network Name [SSID] field.
- In that, you need to type a preferred name of your choice for your network’s SSID.
- This particular name appears wherein the list of available wireless networks pops on others devices.
- After entering the name hit the Disable button for Wireless SSID Broadcast.
- You can then save all the SSID settings.
4. Router Security Settings
- The next step is to secure your wireless network by making specific security settings.
- Go to Wireless menu and hit Wireless Security tab.
- You need to select WEP option from the drop-down menu of Security mode.
- Enter the password in the Passphrase field.
- Ensure that you have entered a strong password comprising of both the numbers, symbols, and alphabets.
- After successfully creating the password, hit the Generate button and save the settings.
5. Test your Internet Connectivity
- The final step is to test whether your connection is working or not.
- If you are using a wireless network then, just disconnect the Ethernet cable and hit the Network icon on your device.
- Pick your wireless network from the list an type the password that you have created earlier.
- In a few moments, the PC will connect to the router’s network.
The Final Words:
That’s all! This is the simple yet detailed procedure to set up a Linksys wireless router and configuration settings to it.