192.168.0.1 is the IP address for all IPv4 networks and it is referred as host address in the computer science language. 192.168.0.1 is the default configured IP address for all the ADSL and wireless routers and modems that are produced by some of the popular router manufacturers. The management page of these routers can only be access by visiting the IP address through your web browser and for this you would require 192.168.0.1 Admin and Login Password. Below you will come across with the steps to gain access to the homepage of the router with 192.168.0.1 Login.
Why to Login 192.168.0.1?
192.168.0.1 Login is important to access the router admin dashboard and most of the routers and modems with default IP address come with default admin ID and Password. There are few simple steps which you need to follow in order to login and access the admin dashboard of the router. It also allows you to access the settings page and other features of the router and without the admin login you won’t be able to make changes and set security for your router and hence it is necessary that you learn the methods of 192.168.0.1 Login and get access to the admin dashboard of your router.
How to Login 192.168.0.1 Admin Dashboard?
There are few simple steps which you need to follow in order to login to the admin dashboard of the router. Below are the steps for 192.168.0.1 Login.
- Open the web browser on your PC and connect the router to computer via wired connected. If you are using the laptop then you can connect to the router wirelessly.
- Now you need to go to the URL bar of the browser and manually type the IP address http:// 192.168.0.1 on the browser and hit the enter bar
- Now the admin page of the router will open asking you about the admin ID and Password
- You need to enter the correct admin ID and password. Most of the routers come with default admin ID and Password. If you have not changed the default 192.168.0.1 Admin and Password, then enter the default admin ID and Password which is written at the back panel of the router.
- Once you are done with the process, you need to hit the enter button and get access to the admin dashboard of the router or modem you are connected to.
How to Setup the 192.168.0.1 Router First Time?
After you are done with the 192.168.0.1 Login process and developing a connection, it is the time to setup the router with your PC.
- Connect the router to the PC with wired connection or wirelessly if you are connecting it to the laptop
- Now open the web browser on your PC and on the address bar of the browser you need to enter the IP address manually 192.168.0.1.
- You will see a Login Page where you need to enter the credentials for successful login. The default ID and Password is mentioned at the back of the router. Most of the routers come with default ID and Password as Admin.
- Restart the router now and set your SSID Name. it is the name which will appear on all the device which is trying to access your connection
- Setup a strong password by visiting the network Security Settings and click “Next”
- Reboot the router once and save the settings
- Now you can search for the SSID on your device and connect it with the router using the security password that you have set for your router.